March 08, 2008

Shared Passion: Writer Interviews

Let’s take a short break from the character discussion and transition into a new segment of Constructing Stories: writer interviews.

Throughout the week I’ll be posting segments of my interview with a fellow Infinite Space, Infinite God author, Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff (A Cruel and Unusual Punishment). Author of six novels under her own byline, several ghostwrites, numerous short stories, and even a few articles about her craft, Maya has achieved a level of success that many authors crave (including me). From her fantasy novels (The Mer Cycle trilogy) to her collaborations with Michael Reaves (Batman: Fear Itself and Mr. Twilight), Maya has developed amazing environments for her readers to explore.

I’m really excited to kick off this new segment, and I want to make sure that you get a chance to discover how Maya approaches her craft. If you haven’t already, I encourage you to utilize an RSS feed to keep up with the posts over the coming week. I’m privileged share some of Maya’s insights with you, and I hope you’ll drop by to read more.

I’ll be posting the first segment of Maya’s interview tomorrow, March 9, 2008. Tell your friends, tell your family, and don’t forget to stop by!

And if you're a writer and would like to be considered for an interview, please submit your request to palidod@yahoo.com. Thanks!

2 comments:

Karina Fabian said...

I'm so glad Google Alerts told me about this! I'm looking forward to seeing Maya's interview.

Several ISIG reviewers have cited Maya's story, "Cruel and Unusual Punishment," as one of their favorites in the anthology. She puts a lot of work, ideas, research and talent into her work.

I'll be popping in all week to see how she does it!

Blessings,
Karina Fabian
editor, Infinite Space, Infinite God
www.isigsf.com

J Sherer said...

Thanks for dropping by, Karina! Please pass the word around that Maya's interview will be posted here all week long! Thanks!